A simple, safe and healthy slimming diet. Does it exist?
Is there a perfect diet for you?
Medical Fact Checked by: Dr. Bryan Havoc
You already know basic rules of dieting. You know which products should not beincluded in your menu and what should be on your plate. The time for proper dieting has come. But how to transform theoretical knowledge into the practise.
The effectiveness of your slimming diet will depend on many factors. Probably you’ve already accepted the idea that you have to forgo sugar, sweets and sweet drinks and that you should eat grilled meat, brown rice and salad for lunch instead of fat fastfood. There is only one question left - how many of this healthy products you should eat to keep dieting successfully. You can’t eat a loaf of brown bread for supper, although it’s healthy, not every amount will be good for your shape.
One of the possibilities of using a healthy diet in practice is using ‘portions of products’. That method is really simple. You decide what you eat by picking a proper amount of products from particular groups.
According to this scheme, a diet dedicated to healthy women with moderate physical activity, that provides around 1200 kcal per day, contains:
- 3-4 cereal products
- at least 4 portions of vegetables
- 3 portions of milk products
- 1 portion of full-protein product
- 1-2 fruits
In a diet dedicated to healthy men with moderate physical activity, that provides 1500 kcal per day, it’s necessary to increase the amount of cereal products to 5-6 portions. The rest stays the same.
It’s worth to know that:
- 1 portion of cereal product is for example: one slice of bread (around 40 grams), 3 slices of crispbread or 3 spoons of rice, groats or pasta.
- 1 portion of vegetables is for example: 1 pepper, 150 grams of cauliflower, 1 big tomato (150 g) or 150 grams of cabbage.
- 1 portion of milk product is for example: 80 grams of white light cheese, glass of light milk (also vegetal), buttermilk or 150 g of natural yoghurt.
- 1 portion of meat or fish is for example: 150 g of light fish, 120 g of poultry or lean veal or interchangeably 2 eggs or 40 g of legumes.
- 1 there should be no more than 1-2 fruits daily in the diet (for example 1 apple + 1 small orange).
Apart from the products mentioned above, every diet you should consider 3-4 spoonsof fat (oil, olive oil, margarine or butter) daily.
Additionally you should drink 1,5-2 litres of liquid every day - for example: mineral water, vegetable juices, tea, herbal tea without sugar.
You have to remember to dispose all of these products evenly during the whole day. The diet by portions is a very simple method for healthy and safe slimming. Soon you’ll realize you no longer have to use notes and check permitted portions. But there is power in that simplicity. Complicated calculations often dispirit from staying on a diet.
*This article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice. The information contained herein is not a substitute for and should never be relied upon for professional medical advice. Always talk to your doctor about the risks and benefits of any treatment.